Update on COVID-19 booster vaccination programme
Following the announcement that every adult will be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the end of December, we are working closely with our colleagues across the NHS to increase capacity and deliver the vaccination programme.
- Increased capacity at St. James’ Hospital vaccination centre (including walk-ins on certain days)
- Four new vaccination centres at GP practices in the city
- Continued support from pharmacies commissioned by NHS England to deliver the COVID booster (Goldchem and Laly’s)
- A Hospital Hub Plus at the Oasis Centre at Queen Alexandra Hospital
We are also exploring other options such as pop-up community sites. These will be listed on here and promoted through newsletters, social media and local press as soon as they are confirmed.
Get boosted now
More appointments are being made available every day.
To book your COVID-19 booster vaccination, please use the NHS National Booking Service or call 119.
Alternatively, you can wait to be contacted by your GP practice. Do not ask your GP practice for an appointment – please wait to be contacted.
- St James’ Hospital Portsmouth (Hamble House, St James’ Hospital, Nelson Drive, off Edenbridge Road, Southsea, PO4 8LD)
- Open to anyone aged 12 or over for first and second doses
- Open to anyone aged 16 and over for booster doses
- Seven days per week
- 8am – 8pm daily
- Laly’s Pharmacy (1 Guildhall Walk, PO1 2RY)
- Monday – Saturday, 9am – 1pm, 2pm – 6pm
- Sunday, 10am – 2pm
- Moderna and Pfizer vaccines only
- Over 16s only
There are also pop-up clinics happening across the city – please check the Portsmouth City Council COVID vaccination webpage for the most up-to-date list.
Appointments are not needed for walk-ins, just turn up and get your jab. More walk-in clinics are being organised for other areas across the city.
Please remember to cancel your appointment if you have one booked and you can’t make it or you end up going elsewhere. You can do this using the NHS National Booking Service.
- NHS National Booking Service – book and manage your appointments
- Portsmouth City Council – COVID-19 webpages
Last updated 15:42, Wednesday 19 January 2022